A FLY FISHING AND FLY TYING BLOG FOR ALL PASSIONATE ANGLERS TO ENJOY THIS EVER CHANGING AND DEVELOPING SPORT

Friday, February 7, 2014

The Pennell Variant

I have been asked for this dressing over the last few days sense I posted a picture of this fly. It is a good attractive Lough fly that I generally fish on the point during Duck Fly hatches, saying that I have also taken many fish on it at other times of the year. So here is step by step of how to tie this simple but very effective fly, hope you enjoy it:




Begin by placing a size 10 hook in the vise I used a kamasan B175. Tie on the thread and tie in several Golden pheasant tippet fibers for the tail.


Tie in some orange wire and black flat tinsel for the body 





Wind up the Black tinsel and follow with the orange wire.


Take some fibers from a large grizzle hackle and tie in as a wing,


Wind on some Jungle cock hackle and brush back over the fly and tie off the thread.



This fly is well worth the time tying, a simple but very effective trout fly. I hope you enjoy reading this post and if you have any comments or questions just drop me a line below, also if you would like to see whats coming next and what I am tying for the coming season just sign in and follow us. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment