A FLY FISHING AND FLY TYING BLOG FOR ALL PASSIONATE ANGLERS TO ENJOY THIS EVER CHANGING AND DEVELOPING SPORT

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Barred Zonker Streamers

Between the last three months of the river season last year and all through the stockie still water fishing I have done this winter these streamers have produced fish through out. I have tied them in several forms, like the one above it is a very attractive fly for the wild brown trout on our rivers in Ireland and it also took some good fish in the World Finals in Slovenia late last year.   The streamer below also attracted a lot of fish over the end of the season last year. They are tied on a Hends streamer hook size 8-6 and I tend to vary the bodies and the heads to see what works best for different rivers and environments.

For the still water fishing this year I found that a slightly different variation of the streamers were taking a lot of fish. I havenT up on till recent seasons been a bank still water angler my love for wild trout always over ruled the desire to catch stocked fish. But this winter I decided to give the competitions a go and Managed to win i the Leinster Banks in Lough Ashling, I was quite surprised. 
Tying in some booby eyes and  Hends Ice Chenille on the body created a great rainbow streamer and they loved it. The long barred zonkers strips created great movement in the water and attracted lots of fish. I tied and tested many different colours and they all caught some fish. 

Try out these streamers and see how the fish love them you can get all the materieals you need and a good selection of Zonker strips barred and in many colours at:
http://www.irishflytying.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment